1. The game “BINGO” is centuries old, the WORD “bingo” has no real known origin and is not found before the 1920s.
2. Metallica is the first band to play on all seven continents . . . and they did it all in one year. In 2013 they played in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia . . . and a special concert for some scientists in Antarctica.
3. The original name for Eggo waffles was Froffles . . . as in “frozen waffles.” But people called them Eggos because they tasted a little like eggs, and two years later that became their official name.
4. The tallest building in Dubai until 1973 was only 75 feet high. Then they had their skyscraper boom, and now they have 26 buildings that are over 1,000 feet.
5. The Wright Brothers weren’t just pioneers of flying, they were also pioneers of PLANE CRASHES.
The first person to die in a plane crash was an Army lieutenant named Thomas Selfridge in 1908. And the pilot was Orville Wright, who survived.