1. The African spiny mouse is the only known mammal that can lose up to 60% of its skin and grow it all back. Their skins are brittle and can easily tear to help them escape their predators.
2. Isaac Newton believed the world would end in 2060 . . . not based on his scientific studies or findings, but based on the extreme religious beliefs he developed late in his life.
3. There’s a place called Inaccessible Island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and, because of weather patterns, it’s only possible to get there one week a year.
4. The world’s first cyberattack happened in 1988 when a student at Cornell University wrote a program to detect how many computers were connected to the Internet . . . and he wound up clogging up the entire thing.
5. Based on the way our bodies are built, we SHOULD faint every time we stand up . . . and scientists are just now figuring out why we don’t. They believe it has to do with some special neurons that keep it from happening.