1. U.S. Presidents receive a pension of $219,200 per year.
2. Congress almost passed a bill in 1910 to import a bunch of hippos from Africa to Louisiana . . . to raise them for MEAT. One newspaper editorial got all excited about it, and called the meat, quote, “lake cow bacon.” But the bill failed.
3. A Samoan man is 56 times more likely to play in the NFL than the average American man.
4. There are only two northern white rhinos in the world . . . and they’re protected 24 hours a day by armed guards in Kenya.
5. Maine was almost a Canadian province called New Ireland. The British seized it for Canada during the War of 1812, but eventually decided to pull out their troops and give it back to America.