1. A bird’s sexual hormones are stimulated when it gets pet on its back, so veterinarians advise you to only pet the head and feet of a bird in order to not sexually frustrate it.
2. The Rubik’s Cube was originally called the Magic Cube when it came out in 1975. It was renamed in 1980 because they realized a more unique name would make it easier to patent around the world. So it was named after its inventor, Erno Rubik.
3. Your heaviest organ is your skin . . . it weighs about 20 pounds. Your intestines are second heaviest, at about seven-and-a-half pounds.
4. The name Pepsi comes from the word “dyspepsia,” which means indigestion . . . since its original purpose was to help people with digestion issues.
5. The roles of Al and Peg Bundy on “Married with Children” were based on Sam Kinison and Roseanne Barr. Both of them were originally offered the parts, and they both turned them down.