1. The letters in “SOS” don’t stand for anything. It just means three dots, three dashes, three dots in Morse Code, which was considered the least confusing way to call for help.
2. One million seconds ago, it was October 6th . . . one billion seconds ago, it was 1991 . . . and one trillion seconds ago it was roughly 30,000 B.C.
3. “An American Tail” was the first animated movie to make more money than a competing Disney movie. When it came out in 1986, it made almost twice as much as Disney’s “The Great Mouse Detective”.
4. “The Silence of the Lambs” is technically a sequel. “Manhunter” is the first Hannibal Lecter movie, but it only made $8.6 million when it came out in 1986. And it didn’t have Anthony Hopkins. They remade it as “Red Dragon” in 2002.
5. If you fall from 48 feet or less, there’s at least a 50-50 chance you’ll survive. 10% of people who fall from 84 feet survive.