Today is “Drink A Beer” Day, a very important holiday.
We talked to Melanie Reed, Team Member at Southern Recipe Small Batch
They make pork rinds and other snacks you can find at Giant Eagle.
We talked about beer history, beer food, and even shared a recipe! (it’s below the interview)
Southern Recipe Small Batch’s Low-Carb Beer Cheese Dip
● Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds of your choice
● 2 Tbsp. butter
● 1 cup low carb beer of your choice
● 1/2 tsp paprika for recipe and garnish
● 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
● 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
● 2 oz cream cheese
● 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Combine the butter, beer, paprika and cayenne pepper in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
2. Allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in cream cheese, heavy cream and shredded cheese. Stir until well combined.
4. Return to the stove over low heat and simmer for another 5 minutes stirring frequently.
5. Transfer to a serving dish and top with additional paprika if desired.
6. Serve with Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds of your choice.