1. Elizabeth was Queen for 70 years and 214 days, making her the longest-reigning British monarch, and the second-longest-reigning monarch of all time. Only Louis the Fourteenth of France outlasted her. He sat on the throne for 72 years and 110 days, from 1643 to 1715, beginning when he was FIVE.
2. At the time of Elizabeth’s death, at least NINE out of every 10 living human beings had never known a British monarch other than her.
3. Elizabeth was Queen for almost 30% of U.S. history.
4. The Queen ruled for so long that she made her eldest son, Charles, “the longest-serving heir apparent in British history” at 73.
5. The Queen famously loved corgi dogs, owning over 30 of them in her lifetime, dating back to the first royal corgi, Dookie, in 1933.
But her last corgi died in 2018. She didn’t want to breed any that would live on after she died. So she moved on by getting two DORGIS, a cross-breed between a dachshund and a corgi that the Queen is credited with inventing.