1. The modern day “pirate accent” we know comes from Robert Newton’s portrayal of Long John Silver in the 1950 Disney adaptation of “Treasure Island”. Before that, there was no universal “pirate accent.”
2. The longest span between a movie and its sequel is the 64 years between “Bambi” and “Bambi 2”. The first one came out in 1942 . . . the sequel went straight to video in 2006.
3. Unfrosted Pop-Tarts have more calories than frosted ones . . . because they have a slightly thicker crust, which is just DENSE with calories.
4. The temperature in Miami has never gone over 100. In fact, it’s only ever hit 100 once, on July 21st, 1942.
5. Alaska has more coastline than the rest of the U.S. combined.