1. Salivating before vomiting is how your body protects your teeth from the incoming stomach acid.
2. Two countries in the world have flags with guns on them: Mozambique and Guatemala.
3. Rain smells good because plants secrete an oil into the ground when it’s dry. Those oils mix with bacteria in the soil . . . and rain releases them into the air.
4. England and Portugal have the oldest alliance in the world . . . they’ve been allies since 1386. That’s a 636-year relationship.
5. School buses are yellow because you pick up that color in your peripheral vision at least 1.24 times faster than any other color. You pick up red the second fastest.