1. Lemons float . . . and limes sink. Lemons and limes both have densities that are very close to water, but limes are slightly denser, which is why they sink.
2. Whoopi Goldberg worked as a phone sex operator early in her career.
3. When MTV launched on August 1st, 1981 it was only available to people who subscribed to cable in a few different parts of New Jersey.
4. The only state with a one-syllable name is . . . Maine.
5. In 1987, the IRS started making people list their kids’ Social Security numbers on their tax forms when they counted them as dependents, to cut down on fraud. And suddenly, seven million children who were claimed the year before disappeared.