1. Jimi Hendrix wrote his classic song “The Wind Cries Mary” following an argument with his girlfriend, whose middle name is Mary, after she cooked him lumpy mashed potatoes.
2. Wilt Chamberlain scored 60 points or more 32 times in his NBA career. No one else has ever done it more than five times. The two guys who HAVE done it five times are Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.
3. There’s no evidence that real Vikings ever wore helmets with horns on top.
4. The second-biggest stadium in the world is Rungrado 1st of May Stadium in Pyongyang, North Korea. It has over 114,000 seats. The biggest is the Narendra Modi Stadium in India, which has a capacity of 132,000.
(Other stadiums have had bigger one-time events, but based on regular capacity, these are the top two.)
5. The second verse of the “Macarena” is about a woman who has sex with her boyfriend’s friends while he’s out of town.