1. The company 3M got its name because it was originally called the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company. They’re still based in Minnesota, and rank #102 on the Fortune 500 list of the largest U.S. corporations.
2. The first CD to hit the market was the Billy Joel album “52nd Street”. It went on sale in Japan in October of 1982.
3. There are four countries in the world where the national anthem doesn’t have lyrics: Spain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, and San Marino.
4. One of your nostrils is always breathing in more air than the other one. But they trade off every 15 minutes or so, to make sure there’s always one that’s clear to handle intricate smells.
5. People first started saying “God bless you” after someone sneezed back in the 14th century, as a prayer to protect them from the plague.