Facebook users can now create their own avatars. The customizing starts with the face and skin tone then goes to hair style and accessories. Right now, the avatars can only be used in comments, chat and Facebook Gaming profiles. It’ll eventually expand to posts. Lots of people are using avatars, but how do you make one?
I found several sets of directions which didn’t work for me. It seems you have to have access to Facebook on your phone.
- Step 1: Open up the Facebook app on your iOS or Android phone. …
- Step 2: Scroll down and tap “See More.”
- Step 3: Tap on “Avatars.”
- Step 4: Tap “Next” then “Get Started.”
- Step 5: Choose a skin tone that best fits yours and then tap “Next.”
Click HERE for illustrated instructions.
I think it needs a little tweaking, but here’s the avatar I made this morning.