The PA Fish and Boat Commission is offering two special fishing opportunities for Monday (Labor Day)!
The first opportunity is a $1 license for adult residents and non-residents. The license – good for Labor Day only – provides an easy and affordable way for everyone to enjoy a special day with family and friends while fishing.
The second opportunity is the Mentored Youth Panfish Day. This provides youth anglers who have obtained a free mentored youth permit or have purchased a voluntary youth license an opportunity to fish on 19 Panfish Enhancement lakes:
- Berks – Blue Marsh Reservoir
- Cambria – Beaverdam Run Reservoir, Hinkston Run Reservoir, Wilmore Dam
- Centre – Foster Joseph Sayers Lake
- Chester – Chambers Lake
- Fayette – Bridgeport Reservoir
- Monroe – Bradys Lake, Gouldsboro Lake
- Montour – Lake Chillisquaque
- Pike – Lower and Upper Promised Land Lakes
- Somerset – Quemahoning Reservoir
- Washington – Cross Creek Lake, Peters Twp. Lake (Reservoir #2)
- Westmoreland – Bridgeport Reservoir, Indian Lake, Lower Twin Lake, Northmoreland Lake, Upper Twin Lake
The Panfish Enhancement lakes were chosen as mentored youth fishing opportunities because the waters are managed to increase the number and size of fish. Panfish include bluegill, pumpkinseed, and redear sunfish, which are collectively called sunfish; black and white crappies; and yellow perch. The 19 lakes will be open to all anglers all day, but only mentored youth participants (adults and kids) may keep fish under the minimum size.
For more info on the special Labor Day fishing opportunities, click HERE.