Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer. So, if you’re looking for some books to take to the beach… or read in the hammock… here’s a list compiled by Bill Gates! He says all the books are fairly short and and fun to read while making you think some too.
The books ask questions like “What makes a genius tick?” and “Why do bad things happen to good people?” The short list includes a biography about Leonardo da Vinci, a memoir from a woman battling cancer, and a novel describing one night in the life of Abraham Lincoln… as told by ghosts!
Here’s the list of books suggested by Bill Gates:
- Leonardo da Vinci, by Walter Isaacson.
- Everything Happens for a Reason and Other Lies I’ve Loved, by Kate Bowler.
- Lincoln in the Bardo, by George Saunders.
- Origin Story: A Big History of Everything, by David Christian.
- Factfulness, by Hans Rosling, with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Ronnlund
To read the article that Bill Gates wrote to go with his summer reading list, click HERE.