Today is National Pet Day. It’s a great day to give some extra love to our furry (or scaly) friends. I read an article not too long ago that said some people like their PETS more than other PEOPLE. Some of the statistics below make that REALLY believable:
- 45% of people throw birthday parties for their pets.
- 8% of pets have a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page. That’s a higher percentage than pets that have pet insurance!
- 65% of people feature their pets on their social media profiles. (Rover.com)
- 29% of people have more pictures of their pet than family or friends on their social media profiles. (Rover.com)
- A survey by the pet camera maker Petcube reveals that 84% of pet owners show more affection to their pet than to their partner. UH-oh!